» The power of TED talks |Inspiration, Motivation and knowledge

20 Comments

Kerry Lang

June 20, 2016 at 9:55 pm - Reply

Leonie I also love Ted Talks and I totally feel your pain about getting your tax books done. I was like that with ours for years until I finally decided that putting off doing them was actually causing me more pain than getting stuck in and getting them out of my hair. So I encourage you to set a time, sit down and get them done – you’ll love how free it will make you feel.

Leonie Henskie

June 20, 2016 at 9:58 pm - Reply

Thanks Kerry. I get better every year. But the biggest thing I need to its pace myself over the tax year instead of doing all the data collection at the end of every six months.

Diana

June 21, 2016 at 8:24 am - Reply

One of my favorite TED talks so far is by Sheryl Steinberg, the COO of Facebook, about women in business. It led me to purchase her book, Lean In, about working women, which I also really enjoyed. What a great resource we have at our fingertips. I’m excited to watch YOUR recommendations Leonie!

Leonie Henskie

June 21, 2016 at 8:37 am - Reply

Thanks Diana. I will have to look out for that one. There are some amazing people doing amazing things on these TED talks.

sandy Mangis

June 21, 2016 at 5:08 pm - Reply

I love Ted talks. A friend of mine is on there many times. If I could get rid of our TV that would be fine with me. Good for you,. Time to keep the motivation.

Leonie Henskie

June 21, 2016 at 5:11 pm - Reply

Thanks Sandy. We are finding Chromecast is a wonderful tool. More and more New Zealanders are moving to Streaming services for TV so they can choose what to watch when to watch.

Kenny Santos

June 22, 2016 at 10:18 am - Reply

These are some great talks. Thank you for sharing. My favorite is “Starts With Why” by Simon Sinek.

Leonie Henskie

June 22, 2016 at 10:23 am - Reply

Thanks Kenny
I will look that one out. I do love Simon Sinek and the whole idea of starting with your why.

Kristine Christiansen

June 23, 2016 at 7:05 am - Reply

Great post on the power of Ted Talks, Leonie:)

I love the Ted Talks! I have gotten so much inspiration and so many great business tips from watching them. Always be learning!

Thanks for sharing this today!

Kristine

Leonie Henskie

June 23, 2016 at 8:23 am - Reply

You’re welcome Kristine.

Julie Syl Kalungi

June 23, 2016 at 8:04 am - Reply

hey Leonie,

Thanks for sharing these inspirational TedX Talks. I suggest you set bite size goals, but definately set them and get your taxes in order.

Leonie Henskie

June 23, 2016 at 8:23 am - Reply

Thanks Julie. I am working on that right now.

Jeanne Mills

June 23, 2016 at 9:07 am - Reply

I love Ted Talks. I could easily give up our cable tv service as most of what I view in online but hubby couldn’t. Great share Leonie :)

Leonie Henskie

June 23, 2016 at 9:36 am - Reply

Thanks Jeanne. We have go so feed up with the self-promotion ads that our cable service does that we are giving it up and Alan is Weaning himself off by using streaming as much as possible. It has been enlightening.

David

June 24, 2016 at 11:37 am - Reply

This is such an awesome read, My wife and I can surely relate to this, its amazing how you can come to a realization of how much time we spend watching TV and playing Video games online. We have shifted our energy into new area’s now which require us to get busy and keep busy. We both have NO more time for TV and gaming now. I’ve been reading classic self help books within the last 60 days “How to stop worrying and how to start living” & “How to win friends and influence people” and these two books have truly helped Ressie and I get off the couch, get out of the comfort zone and start attacking life with true meaning..and that is to make every single second, minutes, hours work towards ourselves. Thanks for this blog Leonie, its a great reminder and a fantastic read. Keep up the great work!

Leonie Henskie

June 24, 2016 at 11:48 am - Reply

Thank you David. We are learning all the time. And the decision to relieve ourselves of Sky has been a big one. But needless to say it is opening up so much more.

Erica Udeanu

June 24, 2016 at 7:40 pm - Reply

Isn’t it funny … they don’t call TV “the idiot box” for nothing!

I don’t think I’ve watched normal TV since 2012 and I certainly don’t miss the brain-dead drivel that we used to be served up on a nightly basis.

And like you, we’ve turned our TV into a space for learning. And boy what a difference it has made.

I really must get into TED TALKS.

I’ve seen a few and got so much value out of them but I don’t view them regularly.

And as for Project TITAN … THAT is opening up a whole new world for me!

Thank you so much for sharing Leonie!

Theresa Lovelace

June 28, 2016 at 3:06 am - Reply

Thoroughly enjoyed your post. I’ve seen many Ted talks but not on a regular basis. This has inspired me to check them out more often. Thank you! :)

Leonie Henskie

June 28, 2016 at 6:39 am - Reply

Thank you Theresa. It really is incredible some of the things they talk about in TED. There really is a lot that comes under the Technology Entertainment and Design topics

Alecia Stringer

July 29, 2016 at 9:35 pm - Reply

Awesome share! Love the videos. It’s true, sometimes we need to get rid of a habit like watching TV to gain something better.